ASCA is seeking to hire a qualified individual to be the Nationals Entry Clerk for the 2023 ASCA National Specialty in Bryan, Texas. The Entry Clerk will receive and process all entries for the Nationals, in addition to all RV spaces, stall rentals, vendor space reservations, and other entry-related information associated with the Nationals Submission Form, and provide that information to the appropriate Nationals Committee Chairs. All reports will be provided via email to the Nationals Committee Chairs as needed. All business cards and ads received with entries will be sent to the appropriate chair. The Entry Clerk will also process all canceled entries. See below for an extended list of duties. This will be a contracted position, and final duties will be outlined in the contract. Because this person will handle entry fees as part of their duties, ASCA will secure a fidelity bond for this person, per ASCA rules. Part of this process includes a credit check by a third-party bonding company.
Applicant Skills and Qualifications: Excellent time management, effective and timely communication with entrants, exceptional customer service, word processing, data entry, excellent organization, attention to detail, confidentiality, and general knowledge of ASCA programs and program rules.
- Make timely and accurate deposits to the Nationals Chase Bank account. Immediately post all deposit amounts (made personally or via credit card) to the designated Nationals spreadsheet.
- Before the entry opening date, work with the Entry Software Provider to set up and initialize the entry software (make necessary updates) and provide Nationals Chairman with payment instructions.
- Before the entry opening date, work with Nationals Chair to develop a confirmation letter to be sent to all entrants and provide to the Entry Software Provider.
- Before the entry opening date, purchase (at ASCA’s cost) all necessary office products including, but not limited to file folders, folder labels, file boxes, copy paper, labels for welcome packets, and armbands.
- Receive all entries for Nationals.
- Process all entries in a timely manner, which includes verifying information (on the ASCA Website or with entrants) and making the necessary changes.
- Answer entrant questions, or quickly find answers by contacting the appropriate person.
- Log and file each entry by owner/handler’s name.
- Develop an email contact list.
- Copy and forward pertinent information (such as sponsorship requests, parade bios, and worker and vendor forms) to the appropriate chairs.
10.a. Provide regular reports to the Agility Trial Secretary and Agility Entry Clerk.
10.b. Provide the Tracking Chair with entries for the draw.
10.c. Provide the Rosette Chair with counts for accurate rosette ordering.
- Log all reservations including, but not limited to Welcome Reception tickets, Nationals Banquet tickets, Nationals catalog sales, advertisements, RV spaces, and grooming spaces.
- Hold cleaning deposit checks separately.
- Keep track of all write-ups/bios for Parades of Rescue/Titleholders/Veterans, Most Versatile Junior, and 500 Club Parade.
- Keep track of all volunteer slips and provide appropriate chairs with volunteer lists.
- Send a confirmation email to each entrant as their packet is completed.
- Work with the ASCA Business Office to process all Finals entries.
- Coordinate and confirm eligible refunds.
- After the entry closing date, provide all reports to the appropriate chairs.
- After the entry closing date, arrange for the ordering of armbands.
- Ensure that entry files are available at Nationals (personal transport or via post).
- During Nationals, be available to check in entrants and answer entry-related questions.
- After Nationals, provide all entry forms to ASCA Business Office.
- After Nationals, acquire results from appropriate Chairs; log results; provide results to ASCA Business Office, ASCA Webmaster, Aussie Times Editor (along with win shots), and any members who requested them.
- After Nationals, coordinate with Nationals Photographer to provide win shots to ASCA Webmaster and Aussie Times Editor.
- After Nationals, mail Nationals Catalogs (with complete results) to any members who purchased them.
For these services, ASCA will pay the following:
(A) $1.25 per entry fee, i.e.: 1 dog entered in 4 agility classes, 1 conformation, 3 stock =$10.00. (B) RV, stalls, grooming spaces, results, etc. are not extra. (C) $1.25 per canceled entry fee processed. (D) ASCA is responsible for payment of all budgeted expenses the clerk may incur, whether for meals, lodging, travel, office supplies, postage, post office box rental, or otherwise; receipts and prior approval of expenditures by the 2023 Nationals Chair are required for reimbursement of expenses. (E) To the extent ASCA requires the use of specialized/proprietary software or registrant use of armbands exclusive to the event, these will be provided by ASCA.
Payment: (A) $1,500 (one thousand, five hundred dollars) deposit will be paid to the clerk when entries open. (B) $1,600 (one thousand, six hundred dollars) will be paid to the clerk within two weeks after the close of entries. (C) The balance of the fee owed will be paid to the clerk within two weeks after the close of Nationals. (D) ASCA will issue the clerk a 1099-MISC form for fees paid and the clerk promptly will provide ASCA with a completed W-9 for that purpose.
If you are interested in serving as the 2023 Nationals Entry Clerk, please send your letter of interest/resume, outlining your Nationals experience and your qualifications for the position to email@example.com by September 1, 2022, for consideration.
Executive Secretary, Australian Shepherd Club of America
6091 E. State Hwy 21, Bryan, TX 77808 | (979) 778-1082