Mission Statement: To maintain a highly regarded competitive obedience program that encourages human-canine teamwork and showcases the Australian Shepherd’s natural intelligence.
About the Obedience Committee
The Obedience Committee is composed of experienced, informed people devoted to the sport of obedience, especially as it relates to ASCA. This committee strives to make ASCA Obedience flourish by:
1. Showcasing the Australian Shepherd as a useful companion to humans
2. Clarifying rules
3. Writing guidelines to help judges, stewards, secretaries and competitors
4. Modifying individual exercises as needed
5. Developing new classes
6. Discussing suggestions, concerns and issues of ASCA members, exhibitors and judges, and responding to questions and requests from the ASCA obedience community
7. Designing online educational resources
8. Presenting seminars at Nationals
9.Creating safer options to exercises, and
Liaison: Jean Roberts – email@example.com
Chair: Betsy Coleman (2024) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 1: Hilary Hines (2023), Karen Gray (2024), Laurie Rubin* (2023)
Region 3: Marilyn Cherry (2024), Nita Gandara (2023)
Region 4: Joyce Charron (2023), Beth MacLehose (2023)
Region 5: Sandy Walroth* (2024), Pat Pierce* (2024)
If you have suggestions for the ASCA Obedience Program, please contact an Obedience Committee member and they will be happy to take your suggestion to the committee. The Obedience Chair, Betsy Coleman, can be reached at – email@example.com.
For information about serving on the Obedience Committee please contact the Executive Secretary .